Thursday 12 December 2013

5.4.2 - Warriors got a nerf. -A- Nerf. Singular.

So, as the title suggests, Warriors got a nerf to our mobility (which was out of hand). Intervene no longer breaks roots, but Safeguard keeps it's root-breaking abilities. Effectively killing two birds with one stone.

1) Warriors have to take Safeguard if they want to keep the mobility.
2) This stops them having double reflect + a root break.
3) If they go for double reflect, any class with a root can kite them forever (read: frost mages + hunters)

I'm happy with this change. Warrior damage was never the issue. Their damage got brought up to par and their burst damage, as with many other classes, is out of hand in general. The damage combined with the mobility was too much. I still can't help but feel that having Double Time as a talent is too much. I'd like it to be reworked, but I'm not quite sure what it would become. Perhaps reintroduce Intercept?

Obviously Blizzard are going to go through a lot of design changes in the upcoming alpha and beta testing for Warlords of Draenor, and I'm really hoping that a lot of stuff gets changed, including, how much CC and control are in-game.

I know this is a short post, but I'm still waiting on more info on Trial of the Gladiator to come out so that the draft post I have for that can be updated and published. As always for regular content and obviously Warrior-biased opinions from me, follow me on twitter @DrExhilMD!

Thanks for reading,
Exhil MD,

No comments:

Post a Comment