Tuesday 14 October 2014

An Overdue Farewell - D.N.R

It's 23:27 on the 14th of October 2014. In about half an hour the servers are going to start going down in Europe to apply the 6.0.2 prepatch for Warlords of Draenor. I'm sat here with a nice glass of Disaronno, chilling to some music and sat staring at this amazing view:


Mists of Pandaria has been full of ups and downs, from the fiasco of Taste for Blood in 5.0, to the stale period inbetween, and then the peak of the expansion and the reign of Fury Warriors in 5.4. I've made friends, hopped servers, peaked out in terms of my performance as a Warrior and still not satisfied. This is the first time I've felt this way since Serpentshrine Cavern, where I absolutely trashed everyone on Kalithress somehow. I've reached a point in my WoW "career" where I can actually just sit and enjoy the game for what it is, rather than having to constantly improve and improve and improve to keep up with others. This is the first time I've been able to truly enjoy this game since I was 14 years old.

World of Warcraft is just that, a world. It's filled with people you'd never thought you'd meet, it's full of people you wished you'd never met, and everyone inbetween. It's full of memories, of fun times, of dark times, of raid end times. I did this a while back but I feel that it needs to be done again because of reasons.

To Contingency on Tarren Mill EU - I joined this guild on July 18th as a Trial in a spot that was never guaranteed and under a bit more scrutiny than most due to the state of my logs. Apparently I passed. I've had some awesome times with you guys and I hope that real life doesn't get in the way so that I can continue to play with you guys in Warlords of Draenor.

To my old friends on Argent Dawn - You're all crazy, sort your server prices out. Team Raft need to carry you back to some form of glory.

To HeroicStrike.Org - You nutcases, you left me out of all the fun. Don't do that shit again.

To the Devs - Part of me is still holding out that you've got an ace up your sleeve. Even if that ace is a redesign for expansion 6, make sure to bring it out someday.

I feel a special mention should go out to Archimtiros, because I very much doubt that I wouldn't be even half the Warrior I am today without the desire to kick his ass on ranks one day. See you in the pit.

It's now 23:48, the servers are going down in 12 minutes, I doubt very many people will miss MoP, but it will always have a place in my heart as the place where I fell in love with my Warrior and when I started writing this blog.

That's it. Time of death, 23:51, October 14th, 2014. Patient gave the order to not resuscitate in the event of death. Inform the family.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
You didn't think a Doctor quits just because one patient dies, did you?


Nurse, bring in my next patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment