Monday 6 January 2014

Visual Updates, Both Near And Far!



I know this one is a few days earlier than normal, but I'm happy having it written and published anyway. Sue me. In other news...

...As you can see, I decided to give the blog a little makeover, and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. 2014 is going to be a big year and I wanted to make sure I'm keeping on top of everything, from my blog here, my online life, my offline life, and my work with PvP-Live. Giving this place a spring clean in preparation for the year is just something small I could do in the early hours of the morning, so I figured I may as well.

Continuing on with the theme of updates, I decided to make a post about Blizzard's character design updates. As you can see in the above picture, Chris Robinson (Senior Art Director at Blizzard Entertainment for World of Warcraft) announced last Friday that they are looking to get the next new character model available for viewing in the next week or two. Based on popular opinions, it's looking to be either Night Elves, Humans, or Trolls (regardless of gender). I'm really quite excited for these three for a fair few reasons:

  1. Night Elves in HD, hopefully without the irritating jiggle/bounce/thing that they do while you're standing still.
  2. Humans that actually have a decent running animation.
  3. Facial options that don't look ridiculous unless you have a beard for Human Male.
  4. Trolls with beards? (Vol'jin has one)
  5. More naturally flowing hair for all 3 of them.
Graphically, this will be a tonne more pleasing on the eye, and it will at least help me if I end up using my free Level 90 Boost to make a Warrior on Alliance on my server. However, for the time being, I'll be happy enough looking at this lovely chap:


Obviously with a few extra bits thrown on top.

Really looking forward to what Robinson and the rest of the art team are putting together for all of the new models. I absolutely love what they've done with Dwarves and Orcs so far (never been a massive fan of Gnomes anyway) and with that standard in mind, the rest of the new models are going to be spectacular.

Would appreciate any thoughts you guys have on the new character models, so feel free to send me a message on http://pvp-live.com/ to the account "Exhil", or if you use twitter, tweet me @DrExhilMD.

Until next week guys, seeya!

Exhil MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment