Tuesday 25 June 2013

Single-Minded Fury vs Titan's Grip vs Arms - Personal Experience

A few guildies had a conversation about this earlier and I thought I'd make a blog post about it. How thoughtful of me. So, down to business. What's the basic differences?

Single Minded Fury:
Requires Two One-Handed Weapons
Increases all damage you deal by 35%, and increases off-hand damage by an additional 35%.

Titan's Grip:
Requires Two Two-Handed Weapons
Allows you to equip Two Handed weapons in your off-hand. Does not work with Polearms and Staves.

Basically, SMF gets the damage buff due to lack of weapon damage and stats, they're not 2H weapons after all. What this basically does from my experience is drain your BT damage, and make everything else hit like a truck. I've seen some 600k Executes as SMF which I don't think I'd ever hit as TG unless I was very lucky, though for the most part Blizzard has done a good job of balancing the two.

However, TG makes up for this with some pretty insane AoE Damage through Whirlwind and Meat Cleaver making massive-stat Raging Blows hit 5 targets every few seconds. Despite the fact that SMF gets the damage boost, TG still gets higher AoE damage, assuming equal levels of gear.

Honestly I prefer SMF for playstyle, it feels like it has a lot smoother Rage generation and it makes it easier for me to pool for burst, the Execute crits are hilarious when they crop up, and it's always nice to be able to hit big with everything else, even if BT hits like a wet noodle...

...On the other hand, who can resist cleaving a boss in half with two Two-Handed weapons?

No comments:

Post a Comment